Sunday, January 22, 2006

la la la

Asalamu Alaikum,

My parents are back from hajj. Allhamdulilah!!! Things are so crazyful hectic, with people coming over all the time to say congrats!

I had a gradumacation party for family on friday. It was sooooooo nice. I got a really pretty ring, a fancy thobe w/ hijab and a ca-ute purse. Allhamdulilah, I was bery happy!

I found a university here in riyadh, for women, which is quite recognized, and is a branch of Al Imam university, that offers Shari'ah. Im reallyyyy excited. InshaAllah im going in a few days to check it out and see the admission stuff. woohoo :)

I finally found one thing wrong with applying henna. It looks sooo icky when it starts fading. My hand is like orangish yellow, like I took a marker and scribbled all over my arm and hand. Im washing my hands alot nowadays, I hope it comes off super soon!

hmmmm, I FINALLY made an apple pie, without a piecrust that looks mashed and icky. It looks quite decent, but I need more practice. I'll put up a picture soon inshaAllah.

anyways, im tired, and I still have to go to a halaqa, the topic is regarding the last ayah of Surah Ya-sin, which touches on the concept of how we'll be re created. Reallyyy interesting. I always wondered about that ayah too, since i've discussed it with my dad. Lets see how much light is shed on it today.

Me is sleepy.

Fi AmanAllah

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaam! hope your parents had a safe journey inshallah & that all is well with you :)

jus passing by..

1:11 AM  
Blogger Ayooshi said...

Asalamu Alaikum,

Brotherhood: thanks for passing by! :)

Hiba: Expect a phone call soon. ;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Afshan said...

as salamu alaikum!

I'm glad your parents made it safely home from Hajj. I was really relieved to hear about my aunt and uncle successfully arriving, too. Hearing them talk about their experience is amazing (and makes me want to go even more! maybe that mehram thing will work out next Hajj. InshaAllah).

I'm with you on the henna thing. I think that's the reason why I haven't put it on for a number of years. Maybe I'll do the small circle in my palm but usually, I'm not going to indulge in temporary satisfaction (the vivid colors of a beautiful design) for something that will look fading/yellow/ugly for the majority of the time it's on my hands. Naked hands zindabad.

Great blow, btw.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Reza said...

Asalamu Alaikum,

Came by your blog via bloghopping :). Nice blog MashAllah. I lived in Riyadh and my parents still live there and work there. Going to blogroll you if you don't mind so I can come back to your blog next time.

Take care and Fe aman Allah.

Reza.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home