Friday, December 02, 2005

Belated Eid Present

Asalamu Alaikum,

Yesterday was such a tiring day. I went to a huuuge mall, so as to find some cute outfits and shoes. I spent 3 hours and ended up with a pair of pants and sandals. SuhbhanAllah...shopping IS a waste of time.

Anyways, while I was shopping my little sister was roaming the mall with my brother. We meet up at the food court and she has this pretty wrapped pink box and says "I got you a eid present, cause now I have money." (Her eidie) and it was the MOST adorable stuffed toy. awwwwwww...


For all the deprived people, its called a "poogle" and is from neopets, and no I did not play neopets for 3 straight years! yes, but she kept asking me "Do you like it?" and each time I would give her a big kiss....Allhamdulilah for such a sincere soft hearted sister.


I also got shoes....they're so pretty, i'll post them up too.


Anyways, whenever I shop, I get a sinking feeling. I feel spoiled and I don't know....with all the people that are deprived of such wonderful things, how can I be gleefully hoarding my new treasures? I don't know....all I can do is make dua for Allah(swt) to grant me the taufeeq to realize that there are others who are unfortunate.

I believe there was a Sahaba(ra) who's shoelaces ripped or his shoe tore and he prayed to Allah(swt) for a new one, and used the fact that his shoe ripped as a basis to buy new ones. Allahu Alim but just to use for a lessons sake. SuhbhanAllah! How they utilized they're resources...and we want shoes to match every outfit, while they sought valid reasons for every purchase so as to be ready to answer on Qiyama.

May Allah(swt) grant us Soft Qulbs and open our eyes to the reality of this dunya. May He let us feel the pain of our muslim brothers and sisters suffering worldwide. May He grant us the means to help them in every and any way possible. May He grant them Saqinah and High Ranks in Jannah. Ameen

Fi AmanAllah


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home